OK, I know it's been a while since I posted anything new. We are in the process of putting in both the front and the back yard at my parents home. Although the builder was required to put the front yard in, nothing has been done, and the HOA requires it to be done, so, we are doing it ourselves.
So far we have cleared about 70 wheelbarrows full of rocks and cement, moved a bunch of rocks to finish off a rock wall in the front and back, planted trees and shrubs, dug trenches for the sprinklers, and managed to keep Hayden from breaking his leg or cracking his head open while he tries to run and explore all the new terrain. I personally unloaded a trailer full of compost for the top level in the front yard and can look forward to a double load of compost tomorrow.
Needless to say, I have been pretty tired when night falls.
I go back to school for meetings and such next week and I have a ton of stuff to get ready. So I may not post for a bit.
Here are just a few pictures-
Hayden telling us just how to do it!
Michaela came and helped out
Hayden sweeping up-Yup he's naked!
(The pile of rocks in the background all came from the yard.)This is the rock wall BEFORE we continued
it to the corner of the house and down to the sidewalk
2 comments:
UGGGGG! That is a whole lot of work. I am not looking forward to that for next year. Although, since our house will be finished in September they will do outr front yard so we won't have nearly as big of a project as you have had.
It is looking good though and their house is BEAUTIFUL!
I concure with Denise, not looking forward to all the yardwork a new construction home can bring, ugh. It's so weird to see your parents in a different house, I'm going to miss the old one :) Hayden is so adorable!
Post a Comment